Enrollment of users into Forma

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
KSLim
Version: forma.lms 2.0

Enrollment of users into Forma

Post by KSLim »

Hello folks,
I am a newbie in Forma.
Please may I ask during the enrollment process, which fields in the db is being hit. Which table, which field, and are there any foreign keys?
Appreciate any advice.
Thank you.

Kang
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Enrollment of users into Forma

Post by alfa24 »

If you're referring enrollment of users into courses, the main tables involved are learning_courseuser (obviously) and core_group_members, where the users are added to the group id related to their level in the course and defined in core_group table.

Example:
user with id 10000 is enrolled to course 1 as student (level = 3).
You will find the following record in learning_courseuser:

Code: Select all

+--------+----------+-------+
| idUser | idCourse | level |
|  10000 |        1 |     3 |
levels for course 1 are defined in group in core_group table:

+-------+-----------------------------+--------------------------------+--------+------+------------------+
| idst  | groupid                     | description                    | hidden | type | show_on_platform |
+-------+-----------------------------+--------------------------------+--------+------+------------------+
| 11851 | /lms/course/1/group/alluser | all the user of a course       | true   | free |                  |
| 11852 | /lms/course/1/subscribed/7  | for course subscription in lms | true   | free |                  |
| 11853 | /lms/course/1/subscribed/6  | for course subscription in lms | true   | free |                  |
| 11854 | /lms/course/1/subscribed/5  | for course subscription in lms | true   | free |                  |
| 11855 | /lms/course/1/subscribed/4  | for course subscription in lms | true   | free |                  |
| 11856 | /lms/course/1/subscribed/3  | for course subscription in lms | true   | free |                  |
| 11857 | /lms/course/1/subscribed/2  | for course subscription in lms | true   | free |                  |
| 11858 | /lms/course/1/subscribed/1  | for course subscription in lms | true   | free |                  |
So, the user 10000 will be added to groups 11851 (all users of course 1) and 11856 (users of course 1 with level 3):

+-------+------------+--------+
| idst  | idstMember | filter |
| 11851 |      10000 |        |
| 11856 |      10000 |        |
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
KSLim
Version: forma.lms 2.0

Post by KSLim »

Thank you Alpha24/Jasmines. Sorry if I was not clear. What I was actually asking is the first enrollment of the user into the Forma system and not subscribing the user to a course. Appreciate your advice.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

This is a little more complicated.
Obviously core_user and core_group_members (as a new registered user has a level in the core system, besides his role in the courses, and if the new user is created by and admin or with a org_code, you have also a record for its org groups.).
core_password_history is involved too, if you set the pass_max_time_valid value to be not zero in the configuration.
Then I would say core_field_user_entry if custom fields are defined.
If you configured options such as auto-subscribe to courses with code, see my previous post.
Moreover, cascading operations could be involved by your settings (subscription policies within groups/codes) and so on.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui