Exporting report to google sheets

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
kodokbakar

Exporting report to google sheets

Post by kodokbakar »

Hi all, I'm trying to integrate reports to a google sheets - this google sheets will serve as a dashboard for my client as they require some visualization and its need to be automatically updated. I'm planning to do it via importdata using csv exported from the report module.
For example, I use this link http:xxxx.xxxx//appCore/index.php?modname=report&op=show_results&idrep=115&dl=csv, but it doesn't work, it gave me an xml instead.

Anyone has tried this, and if yes, can you share the method?
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Exporting report to google sheets

Post by alfa24 »

Forma version?
Are you downloading the CSV and THEN do you import it in Google Sheet or are you trying to pass the URL to GS?
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
kodokbakar

Post by kodokbakar »

Currently using 2.3 - I'm trying to pass it to GS. One way I've done this is by using I/O task and feeding the resulting csv to the google sheets - but as the report from I/O is limited, for example there's no report for tests, I'm wondering if there's a method for me to get a public csv link to individual reports.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

There's no public link.
You need either to generate it externally or modify the I/O tasks.
kodokbakar

Post by kodokbakar »

Can you share what's the method for both? For generate report externally, do you mean that it's done by hooking the database using external data service?
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

I'm a developer. I can develop.
scubatricky
FormaLms User

Post by scubatricky »

kodokbakar wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 am Can you share what's the method for both? For generate report externally, do you mean that it's done by hooking the database using external data service?
Take a look through MySQL Dashboard, or PHPMyAdmin. If you need the SQL written then I'm happy to help, PM me.

Tried to hook Google Data Studio through to MySQL but the database query is slow and problematic, so it'll timeout before you get anything worthwhile back.

I'm working on a similar project at present.