I just wanted to see if anyone else if having issues with tracking scorm data on version 3.1? For what ever reason, I cannot get my scorm objects to send final score data back to forma. I've tried every configuration possible. This wasn't an issue with Forma 2.4 and I'm using the same scorm object I used back then.
I see in the patch notes for version 3.2 that the scorm overlay and scorm player were fixed, would updating to 3.2 fix this issue? It makes it really difficult to use this software when one of its major features is broken.
We included those fixes because, contrarily to what you are experiencing, we did have issues with 2.4
scorm issues can be tricky to fix, sometimes what works for a specific authoring tool doesn't work for another.
would you mind sharing
- the issue you are having (just the green tick or something else?)
- the tool you are using
- if possible, a sample of a scorm generated with that tool that doesn't properly complete
I just checked my test server which is still running 2.4 and it also is having the same issue, so it must have been 2.3 that I had this course working on.
The issue ive been having is that once a student completes the scorm LO forma does not display the test results/final score. I've tried looking at the database to see if any entries where inserted (a suggestion from an old post) and couldn't find any evidence that forma was submitting the scorm test scores. As you can see in the images below, I uploaded a fresh scorm file called test quiz which contains two slide and one T/F question. Regardless of whether the student answers the question or views all of the slides forma is not receiving the test data from the LO. The mastery for that test course is set to 100% and I've even tried changing it to 0% to see if the course would auto complete but no luck.
The authoring tool I use is called ReadyGo Web Course Builder (v 9.1.0), it's fairly old software but I've never had issues in the past with scorm LO on other platforms.
This is the link to the zip file I've been uploading for testing.
If you have a working scorm obj that I could try uploading onto my server for testing let me know.
- the place you want to go when discussing scorm tracking issues is https://cloud.scorm.com/, THE reference for this kind of thing
- I've tested your scorm there, and the result is the same as with Forma: incomplete and 0% (although I scored 100%). I will also test the same object on a Forma 3.2 but there is definitely something not working in the object itself.
The fact it worked on a 2.3 in the past might not mean too much, it might be due to older versions of the browsers back then.
- no completion
- 0% (although I answered correctly)
- time spent in the scorm was correctly tracked
Anyway, since Forma behaves just like Scorm Cloud, my conclusion is that something's wrong with the LO. It might just be the publishing options, I suggest looking at them.