Chat and Messaging Module not working

Anything about what happens on the user and teacher side
seriel

Chat and Messaging Module not working

Post by seriel »

Thanks to the reborn of Docebo Community. I have a trouble with the chat module because not working. I apply the patch because had the forbidden problem mentioned here.

But, still not working... no error appear, just don't do nothing. The chat window open, but I don't see any users, when I want to send message, just no publish.

Also, the instant messaging in the course do nothing. I see how many users are on line, but when I click on the number, in previous versions open a popup windows to select the user. Now, just nothing...

Anyone who had this problem and know how to fix? Thanks in advance.
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Re: Chat and Messaging Module not working

Post by max »

Hi Seriel and welcome to the community!
I don't know what to say: in all the docebos 4.05 I have, the chat works correctly.

Concerning the other issue, you're right, the instant messenger is not working anymore. To be honest, I never used this function in my life. Maybe Docebo didn't upgrade it when they issued version 4.

I am not a programmer, so I cannot help you more than this: but there are many developers in this community and I am sure somebody will come up with a solution.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
Goliath86

Post by Goliath86 »

I have the exactly same problem as Seriel. Chat don't working. It open but no users displayed and can't send message :?
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

Hi, if you get a "forbidden" error you can try modify the root .htaccess file by changing the last instruction as follows:

<FilesMatch "(index\.php|ajax\.adm_server\.php|ajax\.server\.php|paypal\.php|tasks\.php|tiny_mce_gzip\.php|index_tiny\.php|scormXmlTree\.php|soaplms\.php|scorm_page_body\.php|text\.php|users\.php|write\.php)$">
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
</FilesMatch>
seriel

Post by seriel »

Thanks Max and Alberto for you reply. Well, I already patched the .htaccess file because I had that problem before. Curiosly, I had docebo in 2 servers, just in one is mark forbidden. Ok, that's fine. But, still not working the chat.
I used the instant message before (in 3.x) because in classroom, I give my students some instruccions.
Well, thanks for your reply, I will trying to check the code.