easyPHP-Devserver and formalms

Install and configure FormaLMS and DoceboCE
tkmbi

easyPHP-Devserver and formalms

Post by tkmbi »

I tried several times, to get the combination out easyPHP and formalms to run. Because on the mainsite of formalms, easyPHP is listed beside other's like XAMPP, LAMP (is a real server under Linux).
So I was in mind, that should work than, but it didn't.

But without any success, I don't know why, but every time after chosen the language, I had chosen several one's, but problem still there.
I chose english.
I than pushed next step, and do came in the error:

Certain files does not have adequate permission
config.php

Is that, because using easyPHP on windows desktop (W10), there is not the same possibillity to set 0755 (normal for website's in linux).

Anyway there is missing further information, how to handle that error.

Because just "there is something wrong" is not really helpful.
Yes I know there is writen "Certain files does not have adequate permission config.php"
Because there isn't explained, what the adequate permisson the file have to have, and a little bit more inforamtion, where / in which folder I'll find the file.

After a deeper look, after using the windows find function there came up some files, several *config*.php files in that folder.
So I did a look on the file properties, and saw, that there is a special adjustment needed for ntfs files which downloaded and so came from internet.
I did than adjust it, but nothing changed.
Because I didn't know, if I catched the right file ?
I did delete every file with named config.php in the formalms folder.
:-) and what shall I say :-lol, the same error !

Aha there is really something else happend, but what is happend ?

Looks like, that the install function will generate a new file "config.php" and because of needed permission, can't do it ?

At this moment I stoped everything, and delete the folder, and from now on I'll forget this formalms.

It's not good, yes, but if it's not working with eaysPHP ?

I wouldn't try further kind of software, no go for a XAMPP Server, and never on a LAMP !!
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: easyPHP-Devserver and formalms

Post by alfa24 »

Linux is the way...
BTW, EasyPhp isn't a problem, you should debug the real error behind that message...
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
tkmbi

Re: easyPHP-Devserver and formalms

Post by tkmbi »

I did it, yes I said yesterday I woudn't, but anyway I did, sometimes I do and sometimes not, but to have an eLearning-Server portable running have been the target, and what shall I say, it is running now.

But with easyPHP-Devserver (17) on a Windows 10 notebook, is not really simple, there has to be adjust some things.

The most things are to do on the mysql side, because not all the needed table "sys" are there already, like innodb etc.

;) :idea: