Report not sending with defined schedule

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
SarahF20

Report not sending with defined schedule

Post by SarahF20 »

Dear FormaLMS team,

We are facing some problems with the reports.

We have one cron job ("cron.report.php") which runs once a day and we also have multiple scheduled report inside the FormaLMS panel. the issue is we are not receiving the report in the proper time that has been scheduled.

another question is, when I create a new report and schedule it for 10 minutes later just for test, I do not receive it, even by running that "cron.report.php". But I'll receive it at 00:00 o'clock and also the link for downloading the attachment will get 404, when I check the report file on server it's has not been generated at all, or the xls file doesn't exist on disk.

I am a bit confused about how the cron job or report get handle/generate.Could you please explain a bit: how report schedules and generation are working briefly?

thanks in advance and stay healthy!
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Report not sending with defined schedule

Post by alfa24 »

I suggest to schedule the cronjob every 10 minutes.
404 is a bug since 2.x version was out.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
SarahF20

Post by SarahF20 »

Thanks for your reply, I've set the cron job to run every 10 min and also every 1 minutes. no luck
Maybe I explain it bad :)

I just want to know, that cron job will check for any scheduled reports and then trigger them? or you have another schedular inside your php?

The reason of this question is, how, too many reports with many different scheduled time will get triggering? because I have another formalms box with mentioned cron job that is running just one time per day and it will send all reports in the right time.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

Setting the Cron job every 10 minutes will do the trick. If yourr server is not executing the job or the mail is being sent too late, you have a server problem. If you need help to investigate, you contact me with a private message, but keep in mind that this is not a forma issue.
404, on the contrary, is.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
SarahF20

Post by SarahF20 »

The issue is not that email are sending with delay, the issue is, reports will not send at all, kind of random.
date and time, smtp, postfix and overall server health are fine.
I've send you an email for details and investigating.