Can a certificate be auto-generated and published

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
salik@remitone.com

Can a certificate be auto-generated and published

Post by salik@remitone.com »

Hello all,

I have a requirement from the client that users cannot use their system unless the users have passed a course. We are looking at Forma as a solution, potentially.

We would need the certificate for a test generated immediately they passed so we can find it using the API.
As well the client requires the test to be passed annually. So we'd need a expiry date on the certificate and a task that revoked the certificate. This is so that the API does not find the certificate and so the user is locked out of their system.

Has anyone done anything like this and if so can you recommend where to start.

Salik.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Can a certificate be auto-generated and published

Post by alfa24 »

Yes, It can be done with some coding...
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
salik@remitone.com

Thank you. Can you suggest which areas or files to look at there.

Also I need to add an expiry date on the certificate and have a cron job revoke the certificate day after expiry. Can you suggest how this can be done?

thanks.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

You need more than "some" coding to do all.
Anyway, you could start studying how the certificates release works, than design a flowchart based on some workflow questions, such as:

- should the auto-generation involve only user-release certs?
- should the auto-generation involve only upon-course-completion certs?
- do you want to choose if a cert template (or course-cert association) should auto-generate?
- [...]

After that, you could start to study the cert generation code (which files? it depends on your forma version) and hook them in the right place (it depends on the previous answers and the forma version).

It's not a simple task:)
salik@remitone.com

Hello Thank.

Our version is 3.3.22. I don't think we have access to 4.

The code changes is for our development team to worry about and they are experts in PHP since our product is also in PHP. As long as it can be done that is all I need to know.

Our process is thus -
the course has reading materials, These are optional to read before taking the test.
There is just a single test which completes the course. Pass mark is 75%
However, periodically the reading materials are updated and users will be required to read these at some point. No re-test is required but a log will be required to show the user read the documents.
A re-test is only required annually. On the anniversary date the certificate will need to be revoked.

Our system will query on user login if they have a valid certificate. If not, their user capabilities are restricted until they retake the test and receive a new certificate.

That is our process.

Forma LMS seemed simple enough, has SSO support and has a API endpoints that we could use. Hence we have identified it as a final candidate for integration to our product.

Thanks for your help so far.

Salik
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

So, It will be easy for your developers to find the needed hooks. If they need further support, they can contact me.