[Solved] Email enabling after installation

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
umbo

[Solved] Email enabling after installation

Post by umbo »

During the initial installation of forma I did not select the smtp option as I figured it would be easy to add at a later point if needed.
Well I'm at that point now but is not as straight forward as I thought.

I have tried enabling the config with the 2 config parameters for smtp, $cfg['use_smtp_database'] and $cfg['use_smtp'] but this for some reason doesn't seem to be enabling the menu in the configuration.

On the other hand if I can do everything over the config file I don't need the GUI but I'm unsure if the code requries some of those elements.

I've setup the rest of config value for smtp but I don't seem to be able to pull any relevant logs either, and I'm not sure at this point if it's the email server configuration or forma not doing it's thing correctly.

Any pointers would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks.
Last edited by umbo on Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Email enabling after installation

Post by alfa24 »

Please provide:
- Forma installed version
- result of the following query: SELECT * FROM core_setting WHERE param_name LIKE "%smtp%";
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
umbo

Post by umbo »

- Forma version: 3.2.1
If possible I would like to not use the db option but instead the configuration file, at the moment I have the $cfg['use_smtp_database'] set to off, but the $cfg['use_smtp'] on.

It seems like the mail might be being "sent" but that the problem resides in the postfix setup.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

So, we can't help here as this forum is about FormaLMS.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
umbo

Post by umbo »

Confirmed that my problems were arising from the local configuration of the smtp relay. Nothing to do with Forma from what I can see so far.

Thanks for the quick responses.