Can't upload files into a Course

Install and configure FormaLMS and DoceboCE
aroakley

Can't upload files into a Course

Post by aroakley »

(Apologies if an answer exits for this problem but having spent a few days looking, I can't find it or solve the problem and it's driving me nuts! :-) )

I've installed 3.2.1 without any issues on a server provided by my reseller hosting service provider. PHP is version 7.4.

If I try and upload any content, e.g. text, image SCORM file, into a course, I get a 'file error upload' message as shown in the attached photo.

Any ideas to help me solve this problem would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Upload error.jpg
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Can't upload files into a Course

Post by alfa24 »

Is files folder recursively writable by Apache user?
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
aroakley

Post by aroakley »

Hi, thanks for your response. I think the the files folder has recursive write permissions. Right clicking and looking at Permissions for the folder and subfolders indicates '755'. Is this correct? I did try setting to 777 but it didn't seem to make a difference.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

Can you find any fatal error in server logs?
aroakley

Post by aroakley »

I can't find any fatal errors.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

Sorry, but I should be on your instance to investigate further.
aroakley

Post by aroakley »

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean I should message you directly?
2 more things I've tried:
1- I did a fresh manual re-install of 3.2.1- same problem - I can't upload course content
2- I did a 'one-click' auto install of 2.3.0 on a fresh account (Older version Forma App listed by my hosting provider as a 'one click' install) - same problem - I can't upload course content.

Why is this so difficult? I want to evaluate Forma and Moodle before deciding which one to use. Moodle installed and was up and running in a few minutes. Forma I've been battling for 3 days now. I'm sure Forma is great when it works, but installation is definitely not straightforward for someone like me who is clearly lacking some backend knowledge and skills. I assume it must be a fairly simple problem somewhere of file permissions, but the problem hides very well!
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

I mean I should debug your instance directly to help.
You can send me a pm if you want.
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Post by max »

aroakley wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:47 pm I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean I should message you directly?
2 more things I've tried:
1- I did a fresh manual re-install of 3.2.1- same problem - I can't upload course content
2- I did a 'one-click' auto install of 2.3.0 on a fresh account (Older version Forma App listed by my hosting provider as a 'one click' install) - same problem - I can't upload course content.

Why is this so difficult? I want to evaluate Forma and Moodle before deciding which one to use. Moodle installed and was up and running in a few minutes. Forma I've been battling for 3 days now. I'm sure Forma is great when it works, but installation is definitely not straightforward for someone like me who is clearly lacking some backend knowledge and skills. I assume it must be a fairly simple problem somewhere of file permissions, but the problem hides very well!
I agree that it's surely an issue of file permissions, and that is why alfa24 answered you like that. Even Forma can be up and running quite quickly, provided everything is correctly configured.
Alfa24's reply was the first thing to check: after that, it becomes something that cannot be debugged on a general forum but one should be on your instance to help you.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net