This forum is a public space provided and maintained by the forma.association.
This forum is aimed at providing support and facilitating worldwide knowledge exchanges among the adopters of Forma LMS, granting a way for forma users to participate the project.
The present rules and guidelines have been discussed and approved by the forma.association general assembly.
2 LANGUAGE AND CONDUCT
Above all, users are expected to be kind, helpful, and respectful. Assume the best of people and try to make things better. Beyond just seeking solutions, users are encouraged to help others. If they know the answer to someone else’s question, it is greatly appreciated that they offer assistance: this is by no means mandatory, and no one is compelled to help anyone else.
2.1 Inappropriate and sensitive contents
Inappropriate content is any content which we deem is not fit to be displayed on this website, including but not limited to that which is: illegal, vulgar or adult content, offensive to any specific group of people, offensive to a general audience, hateful, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, religious or political matters.
By content we mean anything that you publish on this website, for example posts, signatures, in photos or in private messages
Don't post any sensitive information: Moderators will remove personal information from posts to protect your privacy.
2.2 Personal attacks and abusive behavior
Each and every member on this forum has a right to be treated with dignity and respect: Do not harass, insult, taunt, provoke, demean, or personally attack other forum members. Be friendly even if others are not.
Constructive criticism is welcome, but flaming and trolling, especially against the the forma project, won’t be tolerated.
2.3 Commercial Contents
- Advertising is not permitted on the forum: linking and referring to any commercial solution is only allowed for company members, and only if relevant for a thread topic.
- When recommending an extension or another product or service to help a user solve their issue, you must disclose any affiliations you may have with the company or group that authors that particular product. This includes, but is not limited to: any paid or non-paid relationships past or present, receiving any promotional products or services, or any other similar information.
- Any posts deemed to be just self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
While respecting the above language and conduct principles, users are expected to comply the following guidelines aimed at a smooth and efficient board life:
- As Forma LMS is Open Source Software, all staff and community members are volunteering their time to support you. Please consider this before posting.
- Carefully search forum, documentation and tutorials before posting
- Post in the correct forum: Please use your best judgment when creating new threads. The moderators will move your thread if necessary, but please learn from your mistake and place the thread in the correct forum in the future.
- Use descriptive thread subjects: You must use a subject that is relevant and informative for your threads. Do not use “help me,” “hello,” “error” or similar vague titles.
- Avoid bumping discussions, and duplicate posts or threads.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- Do not post or ask for email addresses, login information, or even test IDs and test passwords.
- Avoid asking questions that are more about opinion, like “recommending web hosting providers” or other “discussion topics”, that may lead to pointless wars and/or attract spam replies.
- Although we are happy to help if possible, problems with server configuration (Apache, *nix, etc.) or general php coding may better be asked at sites specifically dedicated to the support of the particular product involved. We are unlikely to have the same expertise in those areas as dedicated support sites.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and /or to consider donating to the project.
User accounts and profiles, and any related feature, have to be used in a fair and respectful way. Profile elements are subject to all the above content restrictions.
4.1 Multiple accounts
Posting with multiple accounts on the forum, as well as registering fake users for flaming, trolling or other purposes, is not allowed.
Only users who are having trouble signing in to their account might create a new one, and company members should post using a personal account. If, for any reason, you are posting with different profiles, it's recommended that you indicate any alternate profiles in your primary user profile.
Forum signatures might contain a maximum of 2 links. No email address is allowed.
We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason
4.3 Private Messages
- Access to the Private Messages (PM) features of this forum and website might be limited and regulated by the forma association membership policies.
- DO NOT SEND SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM/Email, unless expressly invited to do so. Using PM/Email to actively solicit work is not allowed. Abuse of the PM/Email system in this way can lead to your membership being removed.
- Do not send unsolicited private messages to any community member for proposing support, goods, services, and/or assistance (including technical support).
- Forum moderators operate on behalf of the forma.association: their decisions will be indisputable.
- All the above rules apply to forum posts as well as private messages and user profiles
- The Forma LMS Team is responsible for the interpretation and enforcement of these rules: warnings, content editing or removing, bans or placement on the moderation queue will be utilised as necessary.
- Attempts to evade bans or moderation queue will result in further discipline. If you feel you have been treated unfairly by a team member, please contact the relevant team leader.
- Any threads or posts questioning the decisions of staff will be removed on sight; if you have a problem with the actions of a staff member then discussing it with them via private message is the correct way to deal with it.