Adding Images inside HTML LOs and Introductions

Anything about what happens on the user and teacher side
aedwards865

Adding Images inside HTML LOs and Introductions

Post by aedwards865 »

Good evening.

I'm setting up some courses and have run into a problem I've not seen before and I want to see if anyone can offer any help. I am using version 4.0.5 for this installation. I am trying to add an image to an HTML page or Introduction using the WYSISYG but after I try to upload the image it doesn't display. I checked the server and the files are there, they uploaded ok, but they show an ''x" when I try to view them. When I click on the image to try to pull up a full size image I get the following error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /files/common/users/11837_17_1350602013_Logo.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have included screenshots to try to help out. Also when I try to insert te image anyway, I get an 'x' placeholder in the page when I try to view it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (36.1 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (30.11 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Re: Adding Images inside HTML LOs and Introductions

Post by max »

Have you checked in
Administration>main>settings>settings>advanced if the first 3 items are flagged?
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
aedwards865

Post by aedwards865 »

I just checked and they are. For this installation, I'm using a hosted server. Might it be related to a server configuration? If it could be, what would I check with my hosting company about?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.35 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
aedwards865

Post by aedwards865 »

Found a fix. It may not be the correct fix, but it did take care of the issue. The .htaccess file for the users folder was a 'deny from all' which made all of the files forbidden. I renamed the .htaccess files for testing and that took care of the issue.

I'm concerned slightly though that this may open some potential security risk. What else does docebo store at this path? Is there anything that a malicious user might have access to that they shouldn't?
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

usually the files and user folders are not so critical for security, but of course it would be much better if your server supported the .htaccess files management ;)