Clarification Needed on Specific Features in Forma LMS: Wiki, Presence, Project Management, and Notes

Anything about what happens on the user and teacher side
Tayo

Clarification Needed on Specific Features in Forma LMS: Wiki, Presence, Project Management, and Notes

Post by Tayo »

Hello,

I'm currently exploring the various features and functions within Forma LMS, and I need some clarification on a few specific aspects. I would appreciate it if anyone could provide insights or resources that explain the purpose and usage of the following features:

Wiki: What is the intended use of the Wiki feature in Forma LMS? How can it be effectively utilized within the platform?

Presence: Could someone explain what the Presence feature does and how it can be beneficial for users?

Project Management: How does the Project Management functionality work in Forma LMS? What are its key features and best practices for using it?

Notes: What is the primary purpose of the Notes feature? Are there any tips on how to make the most out of it?

Thank you in advance for your help!
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Re: Clarification Needed on Specific Features in Forma LMS: Wiki, Presence, Project Management, and Notes

Post by max »

Hello Tayo,
let me give some clarifications for you.

Project Management and Wiki are features that could have been uses for collaborative learning. Yet, they have always been very basic and were never fully developed. Don't waste time on them, they are "legacy" features that will soon be removed in the next releases.

Notes is a feature for the user to take notes during the course. Same as above, it will be dropped soon.

Presence: it's for classroom courses. The teacher can track the user's presence in a classroom course by ticking the presence.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net